Oats Chivda Namkeen
Oats Chivda Namkeen is a very healthy and quick munching evening snack which can be made and stored in an airtight container for later use. There is no specific ratio or rule of using oats and poha, this can also be made using oats + cornflakes or oats + puffed rice. The only idea is to get the crunch that oats do not give to this mixture. Enjoy the snack time 😊
Oats Chivda Namkeen Ingredients-
- Poha (thin) -1 cup
- Rolled oats – 2/3 cup
- Peanuts-3 tbsp
- Rai -1tsp
- Slit green chilli -2
- Hing -1tsp
- Roasted Chana daal -2 tbsp
- Curry leaves -8-10
- Coconut slices-5-6
- Cashewnuts -7-8
- Haldi -1tsp
- Salt-as per taste
- Black salt -1tsp
- Kashmiri red chilli powder -1/2 tsp
- Sesame seeds (white til) -1tbsp
- Dry roast poha in a pan until it is crunchy, to check to take 1or 2 and crush, it will get crushed easily or in a pan, they will twirl which means it is done. Keep stirring and do not make it golden. Set them aside.
- Next dry roast oats until slightly golden. Take it out in a plate.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add peanuts and fry till golden.
- Next, add rai, slit green chilli, hing, chana daal, coconut and cashew. Fry till it is lightly golden and coconut smells good.
- At this stage add curry leaves, haldi, red chilli powder and til. Mix well.
- Add poha and oats, mix well. Add both salts as per your taste.
- Mix everything well. When the mixture cools down, store it in an airtight container.