Chana Chaat | Masaledaar Kaale Chane | Gluten-free
Chana Chaat or chatpate kale chane is the perfect accompaniment with Tea. Made with very less spices and oil, gives a blend of taste without any guilt of eating junk 🙂
Chana Chaat Ingredients-
- Kale Chane -200gm (Overnight soaked, boiled and drained)
- Onion (finely chopped)-1 large
- Tomato (deseeded and finely chopped)-1 small
- Green chilly-2
- Green Coriander (finely chopped)-1/2 cup
- Spicy Mixture – as per taste
- Jeera-1 tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste -1tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Haldi -1/2tsp
- Chaat masala-1/2 tsp
- Kali mirch powder -1/2tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Lime juice -1/2tsp
- Oil (Refined/Olive oil)
- Soak chana overnight, boil the soaked chana and strain it completely.
- Heat oil in kadhai; add hing, jeera and let it splatter
- Add ginger-garlic-chilly paste and fry, add half of chopped onion; fry till it’s golden.
- Add all the masala(garam masala powder, Haldi, Kali Mirch powder, chaat masala, salt) and fry for 1 minute.
- Add boiled/drained chana and mix it well.
- Take out the masala chana in a large bowl, let it cool.
- Add remaining onion, tomatoes, chopped green chilies, green coriander and lime juice to it, mix it well.
- Tasty chana chaat is ready, sprinkle any mixture of your choice over it and serve with tea.