Aloo Tuk; potatoes (Aloo) are something mostly everyone likes; kids love it. These smashed and fried potatoes are tossed with some tangy masala and served hot. It’s easy to prepare and goes well with Tea. Serve it with any chutney of your choice or you can also eat it as an accompaniment with Daal-Chawal.
Aloo Tuk Ingredients-
- Baby potatoes (boiled) – 250gm
- Black salt – 1tsp
- Roasted Jeera powder- 1tsp
- Chaat Masala -1tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2tsp
- Amchur powder-1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder -1 tsp
- Red chilli powder -1tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil- For frying
- Boil the baby potatoes and let them cool down completely.
- Once the baby potatoes are cooled, hold them in your palm and flatten gently.
- Deep fry the potatoes till golden brown and crispy. Take it out on an absorbent paper.
- Take the fried potatoes in a large bowl and add all the masala to it.
- Toss everything together to combine well. The delicious aloo tuk is ready to eat.
We can also eat it during fast, exclude chaat masala, amchur powder, coriander powder and salt from it. And add rock salt (sendha namak) and lime juice. Serve it immediately 😊