Bhang ki Chutney | Hemp seed recipes | Hemp seeds
Bhang (Hemp seeds) ki chutney is a very popular accompaniment of Uttarakhand. Unlike the bhang leaves, there are no psychoactive properties of dry bhang seeds.
Hemp seeds are also used to prepare Hemp seed Oil, Hemp milk. At one go, you might feel like eating mustard in the chutney but that’s the texture of Bhang. In Uttarakhand, it is enjoyed with almost every meal but goes best with madua ki roti.
Bhang Chutney Ingredients-
- Bhang ke beej (Dry hemp seeds)- 2tbsp
- Pudina patta- 5-6
- Coriander leaves -1tbsp
- Green chili -2
- Garlic chopped -2
- Salt-as per taste
- Lime juice -1tsp
- Dry roast hemp seeds till it starts crackling. Let it cool down. Rub it with your palm and remove the dry skin.
- In a blender add all the ingredients with 2tbsp water and make a smooth paste.
- Hemp seeds takes time to be smooth and creamy texture, we would have to blend it 2-3 times to that smooth chutney texture.
- Enjoy the amazing Bhang ki chutney.