Spicy Dahi Pudina Aloo| Mint Potato |Aloo Pudina
Aloo Pudina (Mint Potato ); the flavor of pudina(mint) is very refreshing and mixing it with coriander leaves gives it a special savory taste. And of course, aloo/ potato never goes out of fashion, which has the beauty of getting mixed up with different flavors and curries. Green minty masala with curd gives the aromatic blend to potato and it tastes scrumptious with all bread; plain paratha, chapati, laccha paratha. Try and enjoy the aromatic gravy with the flavor of mint mixed with tangy potato /aloo 😊
- Boiled Potatoes (cut in half)-3-4
- Coriander leaves (washed &chopped) -1cup
- Mint leaves(washed)-1/2 cup
- Ginger-garlic-green chili paste -1tsp
- Brown onion (onion fried) -2 medium
- Curd -2tsp
- Green cardamom- 2
- Big Cardamom -1
- Bay leaf -1
- Cinnamon stick-1inch
- Haldi-1/2 tsp
- Dhania powder -1tsp
- Jeera powder -1tsp
- Black pepper powder -1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder -1 tsp
- Salt-as per taste
- Make a fine paste of brown onion and curd using 1tbsp (as required) water.
- Make another paste of coriander leaves and mint.
- Shallow fry the boiled potatoes till light brown.
- Heat 2tsp oil in a kadhai, add all the khada masala. Next, add the onion-dahi paste and fry for 2-3 min.
- Add the ginger-garlic-chili paste and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Add haldi, jeera powder, black pepper powder, dhania powder, and garam masala powder. Fry till the masala leaves oil.
- Add the dhania-pudina paste and mix well, fry for 2-3 min.
- Add 2cups of water, salt and let it cook for5-7 minutes. After which add the potato and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Keep the gravy thick for more flavors. Serve it with paratha of your choice and enjoy the flavor 😊