Corn Methi Malai
Corn Methi Malai twist to our winter delight-methi; It’s a rich creamy sabzi made with freshly chopped methi and juicy corn. Methi is slightly bitter in taste so when combined with malai and aromatic masala; it does wonders. It goes well with lacccha paratha/roti.
Corn Methi Malai Ingredients-
- Green methi leaves cleaned and chopped- 200gm
- Corn kernels(boiled) -2tbsp
- Jeera- 1tsp
- Onion chopped -1 medium
- Dalchini powder-1/2tsp
- Jaiphal powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil- 2tsp
- Malai – ½ cup
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add jeera to it and let it crackle. Add chopped onion to it.
- Fry till the onion is translucent; Add chopped methi to it and fry till it is soft. Add a pinch of salt to methi to get it cooked completely.
- When the methi is soft, add boiled corn kernels to it and mix. Add dalchini powder, jaiphal powder, and salt. Mix it well.
- Let it fry for 2-3 minutes. Cook it on medium to low flame.
- Lastly add malai to the sabzi, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- The delicious corn methi is ready to be served with the paratha/roti of your choice.