Aloo Paratha | Punjabi aloo paratha
Aloo Paratha One of the most popular and loved paratha . The best part of Aloo Paratha is, you can have it in breakfast; pack for lunch; even can enjoy dinner. There is no fixed time to enjoy this crispy buttery, delicious parathas. It tastes good with dahi, raita, pickle, chutney……just mouthwatering 😊
Aloo Paratha Ingredients-
- Wheat flour (genhu ka aata) -2 cup
- Salt- as per taste
- Boiled potatoes –3 medium
- Chopped Onion -1 medium (optional)
- Coriander leaves chopped -2tsp
- Green chilli chopped-2
- Grated ginger -1tsp
- Dhania powder -1tsp
- Garam masala powder-1tsp
- Ajwain -1/2tsp
- Red chilli powder -1tsp
- Roasted jeera powder -1tsp
- Salt-as per taste
- Oil for frying
- Take flour in a large bowl, add salt and mix. Add small portions of water make a soft dough. The dough should be softer than the roti dough. Cover and let it rest for 10-15 min.
- Smoothly mash the boiled potatoes using hand or masher. It is good if no chunks are left as it might break the paratha while rolling.
- Add all the masala to potatoes and mix it well. Spices can be adjusted according to taste.
- Knead the dough again and divide small portions for filling, the portion depends on the size of the paratha we want to make. If you want to make thin paratha, take a small portion and for big and thick paratha, take a big portion.
- Take one ball, flatten it with your hand and make the shape of bowl ensuring the centre is not very thin. Now put the potato filling in it (the filling should be of the same size as the dough ball was taken so that it does not come out)
- Gently press the filling in the bowl and close the side by lifting the dough. Remove extra dough from the top.
- In the other way, you can make a small puri of the ball and then put the filling in the center, closing and covering the sides up.
- Dust it with some dry flour and gently roll with the help of a rolling pin.
- Heat Tawa and roast the paratha putting oil/ghee on both sides.
- Serve hot with dahi/raita/chutney of your choice.
- Note – Try to make paratha on medium flame so that it gets cooked well and evenly.