The summer season is the Mango season. Mangoes are one of the seasonal fruits which are loved by all age groups. During summer, markets get flooded with a variety of mangoes spreading their sweet smell in every corner and every home. Be it raw or ripe, there are so many recipes that can be made with this one fruit. Mango pickle, Aam Panna, Ice cream, sorbet,peda with mango flavor, mango phirni and so many. Among this list, there is also Mango Shrikhand, famously known as Aamrakhand at many places. Its a combination of ripe mangoes with curd; using the fantastic fruit to make a delicious dessert.
Chilled Aamrakhand is just awesome and mouth melting. The only preparation needed is to set the curd, hang it to make it a “Chakka” or “hung curd” and ensure that the curd is not very sour. If the curd is very sour, it will just spoil the taste of “Aamrakhand”.
- Hung curd – 2cup
- Fresh Mango pulp -1cup
- Powdered Sugar -3tbsp
- Green cardamom powder – 1tsp
- Kesar strands soaked in milk -1tsp
- Powdered nuts -1tsp
- Chopped pista for garnish -1-2
- Hung Curd – In a muslin cloth, pour 400gm curd and hang it for 2-3 hours. Let all the water drain out.
- Place hung curd in a bowl. Add mango pulp and whisk.
- Add powdered sugar, green cardamom powder, Kesar milk, powdered nuts and whisk till well blended.
- Refrigerate for thirty to forty-five minutes.
- Transfer into earthenware bowls and serve chilled, garnished with chopped pista and Kesar strands.