Kalakand is a creamy, mouth-melting sweet which has a soft and grainy texture and requires no special occasion for preparation. The flavor of cardamom powder/Rosewater gives Kalakand a heavenly taste and fragrance.
- Full cream milk -1ltr.
- Powdered sugar -150gm
- Grated paneer -200 gm
- Green cardamom powder-2tbsp
- Chopped Pista & badam -2tbsp for garnish
- Ghee-1tsp for greasing the pan
- Boil the milk in a thick bottomed pan till it reduces and is thick in texture.
- Add sugar powder, green cardamom powder and keep stirring till the milk thickens and reduces to 1/3rd.
- Add grated paneer and mix it well, keep stirring continuously till most of the moisture evaporates and solid mass remains. Stirring is important for Kalakand texture
- Grease an aluminum tray or any thali with ghee.
- Pour the mixture into the tray and level the surface. Sprinkle the chopped nuts evenly and let it sit for few hours (1-2 hrs.).
- When completely set, cut it in squares and enjoy the mouth melting mithai.