Pav Bhaji | Street style Pav Bhaji
Pav Bhaji is one of the most loved street food, which was originally an iconic dish of Mumbai. But now you can find it in every restaurant, and spicy bhaji served with loads of butter and laden pav. Enjoy the buttery dish 🙂
- Onion finely chopped-2medium
- Ginger-garlic paste -1tsp
- Green chilli chopped-1
- Kashmiri red chili powder -2tsp
- Different vegetables chopped (Used here are-)
- Capsicum deseeded and chopped -1
- Beans -2tbsp
- Green peas(frozen) -2tbsp
- Cauliflower(grated) -2tbsp
- Carrots (grated) -2tbsp
- Boiled and grated potatoes -3
- Tomatoes grated -4
- Pav Bhaji masala -3tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Kasoori methi -1tsp
- Green coriander leaves -1tsp
- Lemon juice -1/2 lemon
- Pav -2
- For serving –
- Onion – finely chopped
- Lemon slices
- Heat oil and butter in a kadhai/large tawa. Add onions and fry till light in colour (translucent), add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes.
- Add all the chopped veggies and fry till soft. Add the chopped tomatoes, mix and mash it with the potato masher.
- Add half of salt and pav bhaji masala; Kashmiri red chilli powder. Mix and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add 1bsp butter.
- Again mash the veggies to make it fine; add potatoes, mix and mash it well to make the bhaji in a smooth texture
- When the bhaji is smooth, add around a half a cup of water to make it lose. Let it cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Lastly add salt, pav bhaji masala, kasoori methi and mix well. At this stage add butter, coriander leaves and lemon juice. Tasty bhaji is ready.
- Preparing the pav – Heat butter on a Tava, add Kashmiri red chilli powder and coriander leaves; mix it with butter.
- Toast the pav on it and let it be crispy
- Lip-smacking Pav-bhaji is ready 😊